Chronic Instability

RevM

Please let me bging by saying how much I like Accordance. It is an exceptional program and incredibly useful for me, a church minister.

However, I need to say the following:

1. It is spectacularly unstable. I carshes (usually with a freeze) at least once per day, often more. Worse, I can discern no particular action that causes it.

2. Screen redrawing is extremely slow. Moving the entire window around the desktop is fine but if I resize the windows it redraws very slowly. I can live with this, though it is frustrating.

3. It is hopelessly unintuative. Why doesn't it behave like other windows programs? Why can't I drag a windows onto the dessktop? Why can't I overlap or cascade windows? etc.

My system is an i5 base machine with 32Gb RAM, NVidea 1650 graphics as well as that built into the processor. and masses of SSD disk space. I run two 4K monitors and one 1080p monitor. I am running Windows 11 with the latest updates. My system is extremely stable. Apart from Accordance I cannot remember when I last saw a crash.

I don't know if there's any help available, but I'd be grateful if my comments could be passed to the developers. Perhaps we'll gain more stability and usability in future releases.

I repeat, I very much like the program, but it could be so much better.

Edited by RevM
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RevM said:

My system is an i5 base machine with 32Gb RAM, NVidea 1650 graphics as well as that built into the processor. and masses of SSD disk space. I run two 4K monitors and one 1080p monitor. I am running Windows 11 with the latest updates. My system is extremely stable. Apart from Accordance I cannot remember when I last saw a crash.

Accordance can run satisfactorily on a lower-spec Windows machine than you have. However, I suspect that the nVidia 1650 graphics card may be running at its limits. The GTX1650 has 4GB of VRAM and this is required to cope with 2 x 4K monitors and one 1080 monitor. Try disconnecting one of the 4K monitors temporarily to see if this improves the screen refresh / redraw rates on the other monitors.

Perhaps someone else could respond to the other issues you've raised. 

• Like 1

My recommendation would be to email Tech Support so we can further assist you with your questions.

Logging this one. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the suggestions here. I have splashed out and bought a new grphics card (I was probably due one anyway). I have replaced my GTX with an RTX4060 connected to my two 4K monitors. I have connected the 1080p monitor to the integrated Intel graphics in my i5. Performace is noticebly improved but winow redrawing when I resize is still WAY slower than any other program I have.

• Like 1

Did you ever contact Tech Support? @Billy32792

I use Accordance on Windows and Mac and while the Windows version is somewhat less stable, it is not crashing daily for me. This suggests something tech support can help you get a handle on.