Searching for the treatment of a Greek word in a particular commentary or sets or resources - and limit it to commentary text that is for a specific book or range

Lemuel

Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you have tried to do a search for a specific word or phrase in Greek (or Hebrew) in a commentary, but limit that to a specific range.  In my use case, I have a particular text that I'm researching and exegeting and I'd like to see if any of my commentaries (or even grammars) treat a particular word, phrase or construction in that specific passage.

I've done scripture searches before, but what I'm really interested in seeing is whether a particular word is discussed and I'd like to be able to search across all of my resources (i.e., research tab).

Is there a way to do that?  For example, search for ὑπὲρ (or it's transliteration) in the context of Galatians 2:20.

@Lemuel

It's been awhile since I constructed complex searches in Accordance, but have you tried doing this in two stages?

- First search: research search (File - New Tab - Research) for ὑπέρ

- Second search: linked search within the first tab for Galatians 2:20

This works for 2-step searches within a Bible, but I'm not sure whether this would work when the first tab is a research-style search.

Thanks @Lawrence. When I attempt to link the search, it forces me to select a specific text or tool tab (and the other research tab is not available). My hope is to be able to perform this search in "bulk" across a group of resources, or even all resources.  I appreciate the reply, though.

• Like 1

Multi-field searching in Research is a feature I'd love to see. Oh how I'd use it.

• Like 1