Combining Individual Commentary Volumes

Chris Curry

This is a general question. If individual volumes of a commentary series are purchased over time i.e. the NIVAC, will they be combined into a single commentary series in my library as new volumes are purchased or will they stay listed as individual volumes that you would have to open for each Bible book currently being studied?

2 hours ago, Chris Curry said:

This is a general question. If individual volumes of a commentary series are purchased over time i.e. the NIVAC, will they be combined into a single commentary series in my library as new volumes are purchased or will they stay listed as individual volumes that you would have to open for each Bible book currently being studied?

in my experience, this will only happen if you eventually buy the whole set (OT, NT, or both). The only combinations are those sold in the App Store. So, Anchor commentaries, for instance, will have a separate set for the pentateuch. But most sets are only OT and NT groupings. 

My ot nivac volumes are still seperate as they are the prophets and a few others but you can combine resources but im not sure how many, i think its just two as this feature was designed for combining the nivac ot and nt sets but it may help.

if you can afford it and know you will end up with a set, try and get the set, (its cheaper as well but you may also wait for the set to go on sale, got nivac nt set that way and very pleased i did!)

search help for combined resources if this link doesnt work .

https://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/14-macOS/index.htm#t=mac_14%2Fcontent%2Ftopics%2F05_dd%2Fcombined_texts.htm&rhsearch=Combine resources

Edited by ukfraser

If you buy the entire set, you can also remove the individual volumes from your library, then run Easy Install, and it'll give you the latest files for how we have it structured.