Accordance Still Seizing Up, Ver 14.0.7

girotti1

Hello,

I am still experiencing my Accordance 14.0.7 seizing up and/or crashing, very often when I attempt to scroll through my open bible window. See screen shots attached, and info below re my laptop and Windows version.

Are you still working on fixing this bug? It has been very frustrating as I've had to keep shutting down and re-starting multiple times while trying to prepare my sermons.

Please let me know what the status on this problem is, thanks much.

Tom G

Laptop:

Device name    DESKTOP-DLORMU8
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz   2.80 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.9 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Windows:

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎9/‎4/‎2020
OS build    19045.3448
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19044.1000.0

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

This would be a difficult bug to reproduce. I'd recommend trying these steps, then contacting tech support if you have further issues:

Once again, Nathan, I must point out to you that it is a waste of time to contact Tech Support on these random issues that are difficult to reproduce. They cannot report a problem to the programmers if they cannot reproduce it. It just wastes the customers' time and wastes the time of your tech support personnel. Eventually, Accordance will have to take responsibility for ensuring that their program updates are reliable before they charge money for them.

I can relate to your experience. Not only did I write down the steps of reproducing the bugs, but I also captured screenshots and recorded screencasts to prove that they were bugs. I spent over 20 hours (could be more) uninstalling and reinstalling the app. I even tried different versions of Accordance on various Macs and operating systems. So far, more than 10 modules cannot be opened since I installed the Acc 14 on my Mac Studio with M2 on Sonoma. As much as I feel frustrated and disappointed, I understand that programmers are under a lot of stress and pressure right now. All I can do is wait for a solution.

@robrecht The reason why I recommended contacting tech support for this customer (after trying the steps I mentioned in the article) is at times, tech support can discover something that might be overlooked that pertains to the customer's issue. Not promising that will resolve it, but our tech support team is pretty excellent when it comes to troubleshooting customer issues. They've been there for me years before I came to work here.

With that said, the random crashes on Windows is something I will bring up with our programmers and try to strategize on it.

5 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

With that said, the random crashes on Windows is something I will bring up with our programmers and try to strategize on it.

I thought you were going to do that a couple of months ago?

10 hours ago, robrecht said:

I thought you were going to do that a couple of months ago?

We've had other stuff to tackle, but now that we're getting there with Sonoma, this is next on my list.

I asked last week to be a beta tester and never got a reply, is that still an option?

4 minutes ago, nnaps said:

I asked last week to be a beta tester and never got a reply, is that still an option?

@nnaps  look here:

You can get a beta there. If you still want to be added to the beta test program for the future, message me on here. My inbox has been overflowing. It's possible I missed you.