Regarding the bugs on Intel Macs running Sonoma

Silas Marrs

EDIT: Users on Intel Macs who've updated to Sonoma should download 14.0.8 from this link: https://accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance14_installer.dmg

ORIGINAL POST:

For our users on Intel Macs who've updated to Sonoma and run into issues, please try the following beta:

https://accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance_14.0.8b4.dmg

There are a few remaining issues that we're trying to sort out before we push it to everyone as a release, but we believe it should work better than the current release on Intel Macs running Sonoma.

-

Edited by Silas Marrs
  • Thanks 3

I'd like to say a word on why this happens every time Apple releases a new OS:

Every piece of software of any complexity interfaces with the operating system it is running on.  For example: asking the OS to create a window so that it can be filled with stuff for users to look at.  And when an OS update changes one of these interfaces, whether intentionally or unintentionally, software that uses that interface can cease being able to do tasks needed to function properly.

In short, software can stop working when you change the operating system it is running on.

To a programmer, this goes without saying, so it's easy for us to forget that not everyone knows it.  It was true last year, and it will be true next year, and it is true of every app, not just Accordance.

Next year, I intend to send out a reminder that users should consider holding off on updating their system until we guarantee the new OS is working well.

I apologize that we did not send out such a reminder this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

Just installed the 14.08.b4 on Sonoma Intel Mac.  No issues installing.  Did a quick check.  Library looks good. Instant Details looks good too!  Thank you 🙂

I think I will stick to using VMs to test new MacOS in the future before releasing it on my daily machine since Apple can make significant changes in their new releases.  And I can also assist in providing better feedback on Betas in the future, at least for the Intel Mac side.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just installed it and it worked like a charm.  I have all my modules and functionality back!  Thanks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Steven MacDonald said:

I think I will stick to using VMs to test new MacOS in the future before releasing it on my daily machine since Apple can make significant changes in their new releases.  And I can also assist in providing better feedback on Betas in the future, at least for the Intel Mac side.

We'd appreciate that!

• Like 2

I just loaded the beta and am up and running again on an Intel Mac.

THANK YOU

• Like 3

• Silas Marrs unfeatured, pinned and featured this topic
  • Silas Marrs unfeatured and unpinned this topic