Converting old Word documents containing Bibleworks Greek and Hebrew fonts to unicode fonts

Steven MacDonald

I have a friend who has written many Word documents using Bibleworks Greek and Hebrew fonts.  I would like to help him update the old documents to use a Unicode font.

Does anyone have any suggestions or experience doing this?  Obviously it can be done manually, but when dealing with hundred of documents, it's a lot harder.

Thanks for any guidance!

Steve

There are some folks haunting the forums who are clever with Python or the like. It would seem to me that this could give an automated way of doing it. Any thoughts @Joe Weaks @Daniel Saunders? Anyone else?

There are definitely Python and Perl and other shell scripts available for translating legacy fonts to unicode fonts. I know some have been shared in the forums somewhere. I do not recall however seeing one for Bibleworks' fonts. I do not know what legacy font schemes they used.

Maybe there's a mostly-dead Bibleworks forum somewhere to search?

That or maybe a BW user would know?

I recall seeing a tool like this for Greek (but I have never used Bibleworks myself). A quick Google search revealed the tool by Dr. Randy Leedy, probably best well-known for his diagrams of the GNT (side note: he also has some great instruction videos along with a free diagramming template). Here is a link to the tool he has made available (he also states that you can inquire about him doing the conversion for you): https://www.ntgreekguy.com/unicodemacro

• Like 1