Using for Teaching

JakeBondo

I have searched for an answer but to no avail. When teaching specifically during our Wednesday discipleship classes, I primary use Keynote using my MacBook to airplay the presentation to an Apple TV as a second (or extended) screen.  I am looking for a way that I can show accordance on the Apple TV without having to change the settings from secondary screen to screen mirroring. 

For example last night, I wanted to look at three specific greek words, but in order to show those in context on the TV I hade to switch the screens from extended to mirror, which is time consuming and odd to go from one setting to another. 

Are there any tips to help utilize accordance in this way?

Thanks.

Edited by JakeBondo

• JakeBondo changed the title to Using for Teaching

For me, the first question is did you know before hand if you wanted to show the three specific greek words? if so you could do a screen shot or copy and paste and include them in your presentation. I tend to try and keep everything in one place when projecting to minimise any disruption or potential for something to go wrong or the need to change anything that could be distracting, plus it means i can keep font size constant for the 'audience'. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JakeBondo said:

using my MacBook to airplay the presentation to an Apple TV as a second (or extended) screen.

Can't you just drag the Accordance workspace over to the second display? 

On 9/28/2023 at 10:30 AM, JonathanHuber said:

Can't you just drag the Accordance workspace over to the second display? 

But then I cannot see the second display. That is the issue.  I wish there was a better way than having to drag it to the second screen or have to switch from extend display to mirroring display.

3 hours ago, JakeBondo said:

But then I cannot see the second display. That is the issue.  I wish there was a better way than having to drag it to the second screen or have to switch from extend display to mirroring display.

Are you asking for Accordance to have a mechanism to show the same thing on two displays without you having to set your computer to show the same thing on two displays? I've never seen any program besides slideshow apps that do this.