Dark mode

Luckylou1980

Is it possible to have my overall display on dark mode while in “reading mode” have it a different color? I find in reading mode I can’t seem to make it a different color and as a result those places that I highlighted are hard to read being that the background is also in dark mode.

@Luckylou1980

I find Accordance's dark mode somewhat clunky. I have it on sometimes, but the Accordance user interface as a whole was probably designed for Mac's historic black-on-white scheme (imitating dark pen on white paper), so it will likely take more than simply inverting colours to make things look consistently nice in white-on-black.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I Would really like if this would have gotten some feedback from accordance on if this can be done or checked in on. Other than this issue I really enjoy the software and never had any complaints. I’m fully invested.

I can try testing it for you. What version of Accordance and OS?

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2023 at 3:38 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I can try testing it for you. What version of Accordance and OS?

How’s it going Nathan? I just updated to the 14.0.8.. I’m using a MacBook Air

4 hours ago, Luckylou1980 said:

How’s it going Nathan? I just updated to the 14.0.8.. I’m using a MacBook Air

Thanks! I just tested this, and it seems you cannot set a different text display color while in reading mode. If that's something you'd like to see in the future, that would make a great feature request under "Feature Requests" on here.

• Thanks 1

Nathan, how would I know if it will be implemented or considered?

In the event we do, we'll announce it in the release notes of a future update on "Accordance Announcements". I can try to also comment on the thread if we get close to offering it.

It would be a while as we have a ton of other priorities on our plate at the moment, but we'll at least consider it.

• Like 1