Link Dictionary Bible References to Info Pane

mgvh

I have a few excellent dictionaries in Accordance. (E.g,, Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels, Dictionary of Early Judaism, Eerdmans Dictionary)

While they are organized according to English words / topics, of course, they are heavily cross-referenced to Bible verses.

It would be great to have Bible references that are in the dictionaries show up in the Info Pane when I am looking for information on a specific verse.

For now, I either have to:

• Do a Word Study and hope the word I want is a dictionary entry. If not an entry, it won't appear. E.g., "leper" will return the dictionary results for "Leprosy." (Not even a Research search on "leper" will get you to the "Leprosy" entry.
  • Run Research on a verse reference
  • Like 1

You can add dictionaries to My Toolset in the info pane and they'll show up when they reference the verse you're looking at. I have a few dictionaries in there for exactly this purpose.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JonathanHuber said:

You can add dictionaries to My Toolset in the info pane and they'll show up when they reference the verse you're looking at. I have a few dictionaries in there for exactly this purpose.

I'm adding this to my Thursday webinar! Great point!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JonathanHuber said:

I have added some resources but only had Mounce, so now I added ISBE & a couple of pocket dictionaries.

Edited by ReformedDoc