Tom Wright’s 3rd edition of the New Testament for Everyone

Steve Walton

I’d be delighted if you made the 3rd edition of Tom Wright’s New Testament for Everyone translation available; it’s about to be published in the US by Zondervan and in the UK by SPCK. Details here: Zondervan info

• Like 1

+1

it will make the previous requests for the combined bible with goldingay's ot for everyone out of date but yes to this. 

We have the non-3rd edition produced, but we haven't finalized a license to sell it yet. Since interest is increasing for this, we'll consider it.

• 1 month later...

I think... that Accordance already has Wright's translation in The NT For Everyone Bible Study Guides. I just set up texts in side by side windows and when I click on a section, it updates the Bible text.

image.thumb.png.1ae444e4788f72b9480d604ec0c26842.png

Of course, it will be easier to work with Wright's translation as a Bible text rather than part of a study guide, but I would think that maybe Accordance could get out the text quickly since it is already part of one of their resources.

Hmm... I see that he says he made a "few small changes." The only significant one is that he had used "KIng" in Paul's letters to translate christos, but he has decided to go with the more usual "Messiah."

We do have the translation in the commentary. We have the text module produced. We'd have to secure a license before we could sell it. We're looking into potentially doing this for those who want to spend money with us to have it.

• Like 2

+1