I can use some help here iPad display

Larry Wing

So I’m traveling and have to use my IPad with Accordance and have run across something that I’m sure isn’t an Accordance issue but rather a language issue (my problem, in other words).

I’m looking at NKJV Heb 6:1 and have the inter linear turned on to show key, lex, ESVS and LSB. Tapping on “discussion” in  NKJV the inter linear below shows G5432, the Greek word, press, on. The amplify diallogbox that pops us is no help to me to understand why “discussion” shows “press” and “on”.

Can anyone help me understand the whys?

Edited by Larry Wing

• Larry Wing changed the title to I can use some help here iPad display

Do you have a screenshot of what's going on? I'm having trouble following the question.

That's essentially what I see on my Mac, and it is clearly mistagged.  φέρω does appear in the Greek Text, but it is quite clear that the NKJVS has translated it as "let us go on."  

Oddly enough, many other translations link φέρω to "on" and not "go" when it is translated "go on."

"discussion" is almost certainly translating λόγος; but the NKJVS incorrectly connects λόγος and "elementary" (where as every other tagged translation that uses elementary in this verse connects elementary word to to ἀρχή).  In the NKJVS, ἀρχή is connected to "principles" even though that word is in italics, meaning that it does not appear in the original language text. 

Thanks for the feedback! We'll look into it.