Corrupted Notes File after Merging Notes

dmwebb6

I decided to merge two note files together.  One was very small and the other contained many notes collected over the years.  While doing so Accordance crashed.  When I reopened Accordance the note file that I was wanting to merge to had disappeared.  I located it on my computer but when I go to open it I get the following: "Accordance 14.0.7 (14.0.7) MacOS 14.0.0 "Sonoma" I/O Error #0 in the file “My Notes.amynotes”  Is there a way to recover this file and open it?  I used to back up to Dropbox but it quit working for me on my MacBook and Ipad.   If it is lost, then I have lost years of notes.  

Hi @dmwebb6,

I am really sorry to hear this. On the Mac, do you do TimeMachine? You would be able to retrieve it there if you do, otherwise I am not aware of another way to retrieve it. :( 

I do not have TimeMachine, but was able to recover most of my notes from my mobile device.  Apparently, the corruption resulted from me using Sonoma beta.  Thanks.

I've been working with him over support. It is true that the corruption issue occurred due to his running the Sonoma beta.

We do not recommend installing macOS betas on your machine you use for "mission critical" Accordance work:

We also recommend that users keep regular backups of their Accordance user content (whether that be through Apple's Time Machine or a third-party backup app).