Sync

Philtuften

All,

I have not done a sync with my I pad in a few years, so hoping this is an easy fix.  

Both Ipad and Macbook pro are on the latest versions.  Sync just does not happen.  Put in my email address and password; just tells me that it is not my details with a log in error.  Yet, I can sign in and do most other things.  My log in works for:

Accordance forums; 

Easy install on MacBook Pro;

Bookshop

In does not work on the iPad.

Possible thing that is wrong is my password 

Let me explain.  I had to set my password up again some time ago.  Rick Mansfield helped me with this.  Question: is my current password OK to use with Sync? I have read that there is a problem experienced by others Syncing?

Is there a work around for this?

Finally, I can’t even use my pasword email to download on my iPad.  

An suggestions?

Leaving you in God’s care and Grace

Phil T

Hi @Philtuften,

I might be totally misunderstanding what you are saying, but reading your post, I am under the impression that there are multiple passwords involved.

It is not entirely clear to me if the password you are referring to is your iCloud password or your Accordance password. I had thought it was your iCloud until you mentioned Rick helped you with it.

In case it helps clarify anything, Accordance does not "sync" over iCloud. So for example, if you have photos or something on your iPad, you can sync them with iCloud to your Mac, but if you want to sync your Accordance material, the only way to do that is through Dropbox, which would be yet a third username and password.

Regarding your comment of hearing that there are syncing issues, several people, including myself, had corruption on my Accordance after trying to sync Accordance through Dropbox on my iPad, and I know I am not the only person who has had issues with Dropbox. As a result, Accordance said that they would be bringing their own syncing option in v.14, but for whatever reason it is not available yet. So I think a lot of what you are hearing is just people mentioning that they wished that Accordance had a non-Dropbox syncing option.

Concerning your login info sometimes working, and sometimes not, just make sure that you are distinguishing between the usernames and logins for:
- iCloud
- Accordance

- Dropbox

I am not sure if this addresses the issues you have been having, but I hope it helps some.

Kristin

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Kristin.

I should have been clearer.  

1) I do not use DropBox or any third-party Syncing solution.

2) I was not using an iCloud password

3) The only password that I was using was my Accordance password.  This works for everything on the Accordance site except with my iPad.

Thank you again for your suggestions.

Hi @Philtuften,

Thank you for clarifying. If you are not using Dropbox, syncing would not be possible at this time. 

If you have the Accordance app on the iPad but it is claiming the username and password are wrong, even though that username and password work for Accordance on the Mac, personally, I would delete the app on the iPad and re-download it from the app store. 

It almost sounds as if there is a bogus cookie on the iPad version, and just getting rid of it might let you login from scratch. I am not sure if this would help, but it is what I would probably do next. If that doesn't work, you might want to send and email to Accordance tech support techsupport@accordancebible.com and hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

They would only be able to help with the login info though, as syncing would require Dropbox.

I hope this helps some,

Kristin

• Thanks 1

Kristin,

Thanks once again.

I deleted my Accordance on the iPad.

Downloaded Accordance.  Now, it does not recognise my login.

I will forward an email for further advice

• Like 1

We only sync user content over Dropbox or Wi-Fi between Desktop and Mobile at the moment. We'll be releasing our own enhanced syncing in 14.1 which will replace Dropbox.

Module downloads are still tied to your Accordance account. 

You can try resetting your password here:

https://www.accordancebible.com/my-account/

If that doesn't work, you can email support here:

https://www.accordancebible.com/sources-of-support/