Keep crashing when i tried to define a new custom list on Timeline

Chun Kit Chris Wong

I am having trouble with the app as it keeps crashing when I try to create a new custom list on the Timeline. Here are the steps I follow:

1. Go to the Timeline section.

2. Click on "Define Custom Lists".

3. Click on "New".

4. Enter a name for the new list.

5. Add some user items to the list.

6. Click "OK".

After step 6, the app either shows a spinning ball or crashes immediately. It can't even be recovered. Could you please help me resolve this issue?

Hi @Chun Kit Chris Wong,

Hopefully someone else who knows more can respond soon, but in the meantime, it is possible that your last two posts (excluding the Chinese character issue), are connected. Have you tried the following:

1) Completely close Accordance

2) Hold the shift key and keep holding it while opening Accordance. Don't release shift until Accordance is completely opened.
3) Release shift and close Accordance.
4) Do steps 1-3 a few times.

5) Try opening Accordance normally.

I know this method works on Mac for both native and third party programs to resolve little issues. It may or may not help, but worth a shot.

Kristin

Hi Kirstin,

I wanted to let you know that I followed your instructions, but unfortunately, they didn't work out. Additionally, I have been experiencing issues with the Chinese characters since the day I purchased the product many years ago. I apologize for not reporting it earlier. Moreover, all of the poem formatting is incorrect as well. Probably the developer does not know or read Chinese characters.

Anyway, the instruction does not help with the Timeline Custom list. It crashes every time I either click on a custom list or create a new one.

Chris

What version of Accordance and OS version?

I performed a clean installation of the program on my new Mac Studio M2.

I can't reproduce this. I'd recommend trying this, then emailing tech support for further assistance.

After uninstalling and reinstalling the Timeline Extended version, it still crashes when creating a new custom list.

Could you please let me know the location where my custom timeline items are stored?

I'm not 100% sure on that. I'd recommend emailing Tech Support so we can assist you directly.

Hi @Chun Kit Chris Wong,

I am sorry for not responding to your earlier message, I only noticed it now. 

Reading the thread as of yet, I think it might be a permissions issue with the Mac.

On the Mac:

1) System Settings
2) Privacy and Security
3) The next part is "disk access" or something. My system is in a different language and I am actually not sure what the Mac is calling it in English. I will attach a screenshot as the icons are the same.
4) Once there, make sure Accordance 13 is listed as having full access permission and the toggle is green.

Hopefully this will resolve it.

Kristin

Bildschirmfoto2023-09-11um13_30_02.thumb.png.5f91ed38f379621d0baaff73e927d220.png

After trying it, I realized that it didn't work on either 13.x or 14.x.

i just submitted a ticket. It was so weird as this is a new install on a brand new mac studio M2

Hi @Chun Kit Chris Wong,

Were you able to check the permissions in the screenshot I sent? A brand new M2 would have that permission natively disabled, not enabled, as it needs to be changed to.

Sincerely,

Kristin