Most of the CUV with Strong's tags are incorrect.

Chun Kit Chris Wong

There are inaccuracies in many CUV translations with Strong's tags, including incorrect Chinese character orders. For instance, the tag should show 諸般  (Eph 1:8) rather than 般智 (not even a word in Chinese). If it is not accurate, it should not be presented to customers.

CleanShot 2023-09-10 at 13.25.26@2x.png

• Like 1

I would like to provide you with some additional information. In Chinese, words are often composed of two characters. For instance, the word Jesus is written as 耶穌, not 穌; and Christ is written as 基督, not 督 or 督耶. Unfortunately, there are many instances of errors like this in the CUV Strongs module. As a native speaker, I am confident in saying that 99% of the tags in this module are incorrect.

I'll show this to our corrections department. We can followup with you on additional details if need be.

• Like 1

No worries. Glad you reported it now!

@Chun Kit Chris Wong

your reported case probably involves two issues,

(1) The existing tagged Chinese text, says, CUVS is not tagged good enough due to its technical limitation. It can only tag the strong number to one single word. For the multiple-word phrase (like the examples you mentioned), it always tags the strong number to the last word of the phrase. Thus, for 耶穌 (Jesus in Chinese), only 穌 is tagged; for 基督 (Christ in Chinese), only 督 is tagged. As I have mentioned in another post, I suggest to use "Enhanced Tagging" to solve this. This may be not considered as a bug, but it is definitely a critical issue for our Chinese users. 

(2) Another problem is on the display of Instant Details. When the mouse is over the tagged Chinese word, the Instant Details window always puts the tagged word and the next word in that verse as a phrase (if the next one is punctuation , it even becomes monster characters). Thus the result is meaningless as you have shown in the previous post. This seems to be a hardcoded method which is unacceptable. This is a bug that needs to be fixed.  

Edited by Wing Kei Wong
  • Like 1