Ability to set order of "My Toolset" items in Info Pane, separate from Library order

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Currently there is no way to customize the order of resources in the "My Toolset" section of the Info Pane, aside from library order.  While this makes sense for every other category of the Info Pane, I find it unhelpful in the "My Toolset" section.   I want to use "My Toolset" for tools/modules there that are in disparate folders in my library that I don't access as often, but that I want to remember to consult.  But I still want to leave my library organized the way it is. 

• Like 5

Will add this to my feature requests list for you. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

+1 on this.

It seems the modules are currently arranged by order of when they were added to "My Toolset." It would definitely be nice to bump some newly-purchased modules to the top of this list.

34 minutes ago, OSchrock said:

+1 on this.

It seems the modules are currently arranged by order of when they were added to "My Toolset." It would definitely be nice to bump some newly-purchased modules to the top of this list.

+1

Since I made this request, I've begun to long for the ability to organize the order of all the tool categoris in the Info Pane separate from library organization.  Specifically, I'd like to move the "Parallels" section up, but I can't move the parallels section in the library.  They seem to be anchored to th bottom of the list. 

8 hours ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

Since I made this request, I've begun to long for the ability to organize the order of all the tool categoris in the Info Pane separate from library organization.  Specifically, I'd like to move the "Parallels" section up, but I can't move the parallels section in the library.  They seem to be anchored to th bottom of the list. 

I hadn't noticed this before. I can move any other folder in the TOOLS section around by dragging the icon (not the text), but I can't move them below the Parallels category, and I can't move the Parallels category itself. This looks like a bug that shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

Meanwhile ... I haven't tried the following, but I wonder if you can "right-click -> Add Folder" in the TOOLS area, create a new folder, and then just add all the contents of your existing Parallels folder to it. Then you can drag that new folder around to arrange it as you wish. Maybe rename the existing Parallels folder to something less eye-catching, like a series of dashes.

The fixed Parallels section isn't a bug but was originally designed that way, but we could always re-visit it.