What resources do you put the "My Toolset" section of the Info Pane?

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

While testing to see if I could replicate an info pane bug, I re-discovered the "My Toolset" section of the Info Pane.  I needed to add some items there to replicate the bug, which got me to pondering what kinds of things I want there.  It also prompted me to move that section to the top of the Info Pane, so I see it and remember it is there.  

I realize that decisions about what to put there will vary by approach, what is in our library, etc., but I'd love to learn about what kinds of resources others put in that category.  I decided to focus on tools that don't fit the pre-made categories, and that I wanted to remember might have helpful information or insight about the passages I study for sermon prep and other purposes.  

To that end, I added:

Anchor Bible Dictionary

NT Use of the OT (a new purchase for me, thanks to the sale)

NET Bible notes

Comprehensive Crossreferences

Behind the Scenes of the OT (another new purchase)

Interpreting the Pauline Letters (HNTE-Pauline)

The Bible in Context 

How about the rest of you?

Hi @Lorinda H. M. Hoover,

I personally put everything there which is not already in one of the other categories. So whenever I buy something, I check to make sure it is somewhere, and if not, I add it to the My Toolset. I really love the info pane and use it every day.

Kristin

I'll add/remove stuff there depending on the passage I'm studying. Usually theological modules would be what I'd add first. I could see pastors adding sermons and illustrations.

I tend to mostly put dictionaries there, either word dictionaries (TDOT, TDNT, etc), Bible dictionaries or Introductions to the OT/NT. The basic rule for me is, What exegetical resource can help me with a passage and that isn't a commentary? I can imagine someone putting Systematic works there that make a heavy use of the biblical text (e.g., Bavinck) but my interest is first of all in exegesis.

B.T.W., thanks Lorinda for playing with the French settings on this!

I have my journals there

7 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

B.T.W., thanks Lorinda for playing with the French settings on this!

Happy to! I was a French major, and enjoy a chance to put those skills to use.  Many years ago I was a volunteer for the (now defunct) NeoOffice forums, working in both English and French. I kept a French account on my Macbook to test issues and to aid in translating wiki articles and the like.  Checking the bug you found felt like old times. 

• Thanks 2

Journals would be great to add there! Thanks for that!