Apple Event September 12 2023

rgallo

Hello Accordance 👍

Screenshot2023-08-31at1_17_34AM.thumb.png.9f5ce4f35dce37cb1f39d7cf3798f53c.png

• Like 1

Will watch it, but I'm happy with my iPhone 13 mini and M2 MacBook Air, so I don't see myself buying any new hardware. 

• Like 1

Sad to see they've parted ways with the iPhone mini (I still love the smaller screen iPhone), plus also sad to see they're phasing out leather iPhone cases (I've always loved Apple's leather cases). I see they also discontinued the Mag Safe Battery Pack. Glad I just picked up a couple of them. I'll need them on a trip next year.

On the other hand, iOS 17 and macOS Sonoma look exciting. Looking forward to upgrading.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2023 at 4:20 AM, Nathan Parker said:

Will watch it, but I'm happy with my iPhone 13 mini and M2 MacBook Air, so I don't see myself buying any new hardware. 

I watched it, but there as of yet no new M3 MacBook have appeared. That's fine by be I I just a MBP 14 inch and I have more than satisfied with it's performance and how it runs Accordance, too. My Iphone SE2 is still going strong, but I think I would like to upgrade.

I just bought an M2 MacBook Air and have enough performance on the go, especially for Accordance. I'll also be hanging onto my iPhone 13 mini until it joins that great datacenter in the sky.

As a happy user of a Samsung phone, I'm just glad to hear that when my iphone loving family and friends ask if I have a spare charger, I can finally answer yes.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sean Nelson said:

I'm just glad to hear that when my iphone loving family and friends ask if I have a spare charger, I can finally answer yes.

You can if they upgrade to the iPhone 15. :-) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2023 at 10:03 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I see they also discontinued the Mag Safe Battery Pack. Glad I just picked up a couple of them. I'll need them on a trip next year.

I'm guessing they will be back with USB-C charging. Probably just weren't ready right now. Fortunately, the old ones still work.

5 hours ago, R. Mansfield said:

I'm guessing they will be back with USB-C charging. Probably just weren't ready right now. Fortunately, the old ones still work.

Good point. I'm glad I picked some up in case Apple delays releasing them.

After upgrading to iOS 17, I couldn't use Apple Pay today, plus my iPad is getting warm at times.

Seems Apple's OS upgrades are still a bit buggy.

Just now, Nathan Parker said:

Seems Apple's OS upgrades are still a bit buggy.

Make certain you're on 17.0.2.

Yep, I am, and that's the one that had the Apple Pay bug and toasty iPad issues. Watching for 17.0.3.

Just installed Sonoma on my iMac Pro. is it just me, or is the new spacing overall in the UI seem like a touchscreen Mac may be on the way?