User commentary will not tie to Bible tab

Chris Curry

I have been struggling for a few days now trying to create a user tool commentary. I have created a tool with verse references but it does not allow me to tie it to a Bible tab so that is scrolls with the scripture. Is this not supported?

Secondly, when I covert the user tool to a permanent tool it does not show up anywhere in the library. I can go into the resources folder and manually open the new tool and it will then tie with a Bible tab and scroll, but I have to do this every time I open Accordance as it is still does not show up in my list of commentaries. How do I get a converted user tools to show up in my library?

Can you send me your User Tool files, as well as let me know what version of Accordance and OS you're on? I'll see if I can assist.

Hi Nathan,

I am using version 14.0.7.

Attached are the test user tools I am working on as initially created and then after converting to a permanent tool.

I started the tool creation by selecting File>User Files>Import User Tool>, but I get similar results when selecting File>User Files>New User Tool.

Test Commentary.acc7 Test Commentary°.acc2

One thing I have found that works is after converting the tool to a permanent one, if I completely close Accordance, go to where the permanent tool is saved and open it as a standalone file, Accordance will open and the tool will be in the commentary section of the library. If I try to manually open the tool from inside Accordance, it does not work.

Edited by Chris Curry
New Information

Thanks! What operating system are you on?

The permanent tool is scrolling for me. Are you needing the non-permanent one to scroll?

My original problem was that the permanent tool would not show up in my library after conversion. If I go to the folder where all the Accordance permanent tools are stored (/Users/"user_ name"/Library/Application Support/Accordance/Modules/Tools) and open up the newly converted tool from there, it will show up in my library from that point on, but when the tool is initially converted it does not appear anywhere in Accordance and looks like nothing actually happened. This was just a little cumbersome to work with.

Try creating another permanent tool and see if that same behavior happens. If it does, we might need to investigate that further. To my knowledge, it should show up immediately upon conversion.