Newsletter

A. Smith

I replied to the sender sales@accordancebible.com, but I want to see if anyone is experiencing this or if it's somehow only me: I'm receiving two newsletters to the same email address. In the marketing apps I've used, I'm not even sure how that's possible. So I wonder if there was a problem this time or if something odd is happening with my email. 

Screenshot 2023-09-01 at 16.15.43.png

No I get two as well about 30 seconds apart - I just assumed it was because of the re-setting access rights when the new site was launched a year ago... I also get a duplicate Grateful Dead newsletter too...

I noticed that for the last couple of months ive also received two emails. I wondered if i had inadvertantly created two requests  but im guessing not. 

I received two copies today as well, but I do have two emails registered with our email lists. Do any of you receive two copies of any other emails sent from Accordance.

Ditto. Two newsletters to the same email for, as best as I can remember, at least the past 2-3 months.

Yes, I too get two newsletters each time!

Do any of you also receive two copies of the weekly sale emails? If not, it's probably an issue with our newsletter automation that we need to find and fix.

28 minutes ago, Sean Nelson said:

Do any of you also receive two copies of the weekly sale emails?

Nope. Two newsletters, but one sales email.

ditto

Yep, ditto, one sales, two newsletters

at least you are not paying postage!

;o) 

Same here, two newsletter emails--beginning with the May newsletter--but only one of each of the sales emails, all sent to the same email address. 

Thanks all. That's pointing to an issue with the automation. I'll look into it.

• Like 1

Sean, 

I also have received 2 in the past, I just chalked it up as I could add them together for a double discount like Kmart back in the day with (Blue Light Specials).  I know I just dated myself!!!

I also got two newsletters, but generally one sales newsletter (although I didn't get the sales newsletter this week).

There's another company in the UK I buy from I get two newsletters to the same email address on. I haven't gotten it sorted out yet either. 🙂 

I never get the newsletter or the sales email.  Once every so often one will magically appear in my inbox, but never two months in a row. It's not in spam.....strange.

Contact our CS teams and tell them who your email provider is so we can look into it. I've had issues with iCloud flat blocking some emails that I never get (they don't even make it to junk).

I'm getting doubles from OliveTree as well, so this must be an issue deeper than just Accordance's newsletters.

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever the problem is, it still seems to exist. I got two copies of the October newsletter sent 10 minutes apart. I only got one copy of the email with the corrected link for the free book of the month.

I got two  newsletters with a single corrected link and just received my single copy of the weekly email as well. 

Edited by ukfraser

29 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

I got two  newsletters with a single corrected link and just received my single copy of the weekly email as well.

Ditto.

I may have found the issue with our lists that is causing the double email. Hopefully this will be the last month of double emails.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 4:04 PM, Sean Nelson said:

I may have found the issue with our lists that is causing the double email.

I just seem to be getting single notifications now. 

Edited by ukfraser