Finding Al

blgriffin83

I'm trying to find out how I can do a couple things:

1. Find all places a Greek or Hebrew word was used throughout the bible. 

2. Find all places where any variation of the root of a Greek or Hebrew word was used in the bible.

What prompted the question is I'm trying to find if the Greek word for Church (ekklesia) or the root of that word was ever used in the Septuagint. And if so, how did they translate it.

Shabbat Shalom

Hi @blgriffin83,

If I am understanding your question correctly, this should be pretty easy. Just right click on whatever word you want (in the original language), and go to Research and click All. Assuming you have the LXX, it will show up there.

I hope this helps,

Kristin

Bildschirmfoto2023-08-26um13_10_48.png.d4e276450188dd6f5f655db7a2c5d586.png

Hi @blgriffin83,

I just noticed I forgot to mention the "how did they translate it" part. In Research, you can then open the LXX, and then from there add whatever parallels you want to add. You can also go to Amplify and click the Text Browser to see all the texts you have to compare translations.

Take care,

Kristin

For those with Accordance 14, I believe Dynamic Word Study can handle all of this in a single pane as well.

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

For those with Accordance 14, I believe Dynamic Word Study can handle all of this in a single pane as well.

Hi @Nathan Parker,

From what I learned in the Word Study webinar, that is only partially true, as it will not produce the same pin point accuracy as searching for the lex.

Kristin

There might be a difference. I'll have to check. You can generate a Word Study on a LEX, but I'll have to see what the difference is. Good point!