Nota Bene 14 Review

Dr. Nathan Parker

I noted well 😉 the price of the software. In trying to decide if I need one more nice software in which to tackle the learning curve, I am having doubts that this one may be for me. But ... I noted the Orbis thing. If I am understanding that right, it will search my files and pull up relevant material. Sort of like the search function in MS file explorer, although I assume on heavy duty steroids. To beat MS it wouldn't take much steroid, though.

So am I understanding this correctly, that Orbis will search through my hundreds of rag-tag files? My question is, does it get a serious case of jet-lag like MS File Explorer? If it works as advertised, that feature alone would be worth the purchase price, very quickly, in my case. I have oodles of papers in various formats that I have created and downloaded and forgotten where stuff is and even what is in the files.

Orbis is like having your own personal Google. Once it indexes the files, it's lightning-fast at searches. I recommend Orbis+ to search all the file formats.

DevonThink can do a similar thing if you want a standalone program.

If you get it, use the coupon code on my blog for a discount off of NB.