Why is there not enough room in zone or workspace?

TXCiclista

I am trying to move a Paper from a bottom "pane" to its own pane on the right of the screen. I cannot fathom why there is not enough room, but every time I try to drag the Paper to some other region, I am met with the displayed error. It is entirely possible (99%+) that I don't understand how zones and workspaces work, but the intuitive side of my brain that thinks "I should be able to drag this here" cannot figure out what's happening. I have "Unlimited" set as zones, and have disabled anything that sounds even remotely like a restriction. Any helps is appreciated.

(MacOS)

EDIT: I kept playing and was eventually able to get it to work when I changed where I dragged the window. I got new options and one of them happened to drop it in the right spot. I think my 99% is now 100%. Is there a tutorial that explains workspaces and zones somewhere? I clearly don't understand how they work

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 12.02.45 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-24 at 12.02.22 PM.png

Edited by TXCiclista

I can do a quick video on workspaces if you'd like some additional training in it.

On 8/24/2023 at 1:07 PM, TXCiclista said:

Is there a tutorial that explains workspaces and zones somewhere? I clearly don't understand how they work

See if this helps: 

Also, there is some wonkiness with the "not enough space" warnings.  I'll get that when I'm trying to move a tab from one zone to another, when I know there's room. Typically, if I have an instant details pane open, if I close it, then I can move the tab.  Once it is moved,  I can reopen instant details....proving there was actually enough room.

EDITED to clarify that temporarily closing the instant details window often allows me to move a tab.

Edited by Lorinda H. M. Hoover
  • Like 3

It seems that the "NAS20S Note" pane (marked with the red rectangle) is too small. The program incorrectly detects that there is not enough space. This is my suspicion. Sometimes I can repeat the error but not always. 

image.png.7858cd9aa6ee826aa69de2f203141230.png

I think you can resize the NAS20 Notes pane.