Unable to change Workspace names

Gary Pauley

I am not able to change my workspace names. I use the "rename item" contextual menu option--type in my changes--but it never saves changes. 

• Accordance 14.0.7
  • Mac Big Sur, 11.7.9
  • MacBook Pro, late 2013

@Gary Pauley I can rename the workspace, but not from the contextual menu (control click gives a menu of toolbar option). I can rename from Window>Set Workspace Name... For me the name sticks. I can rename tabs with the contextual menu.

Accordance for Mac 14.0.7, [Mac OS Ventura 13.5.1 2021 MacBook Pro Apple M1 Pro]

Thanks @Michael J. Bolesta--I just gave that a try. It allows me to change the name on the workspace window, but does not save it by the new name. 

I also just noticed that it is no longer saving my window customizations. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Gary Pauley

Working OK for me on 14.0.7 on Ventura.

I'd recommend trying some of this or emailing Support:

That way we can tell if it's something that needs to be resolved on your machine or a bug with Big Sur.

@Gary Pauley perhaps contact tech support if no one else can replicate. 14.07 is behaving for me (at the moment). I pray a solution is found for you.

Looks like @Nathan Parker beat me as I was typing. We are on the same page.

Edited by Michael J. Bolesta

37 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Working OK for me on 14.0.7 on Ventura.

I'd recommend trying some of this or emailing Support:

That way we can tell if it's something that needs to be resolved on your machine or a bug with Big Sur.

Deleting caches seems to have fixed the window customizations saving issue.

The issue of changing workspace names is the same. What I have found is that to change a workspace name effectively I have to: 1) "set workspace name" only through the "window" menu; then 2) fileopen workspace"add current workspace."  It seems a bit clunky, but it works. 

Edited by Gary Pauley

Strange. Mine isn't doing that, so if you want to run it by Tech Support over email, I'd recommend it.