Weird entry in Word Study Text Compare

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

When comparing texts between the "Greek Bible" (LXX+GNT) and the HMT-W4 in Word Study, the final like of the BHS words is garbled font/text.  I seems to me like I've seen similar reports with an off Greek font in a similar situation, but I couldn't find any relevant posts.

to reproduce:

Open a search tab and set it to "Greek Bible LXX+GNT"

search for =πραΰς

click on one of the highlighted occurrences of πραΰς in the search results, and right click/command click/two finger click: choose Word Study and Lexeme

Once the word study tab appears, in the "Text Compare Section" click the + sign and choose Hebrew Bible (Biblical Hebraica) Tagged

Notes:

I detached the word study tab, due to limited screen space, but I don't think that is a factor

This does not happen if the search text is just the LXX and not the Greek Bible

The same result happens when using the BHS as the compared text

It also happens with ETCBC as the compared text, although the odd line appears in a different place in the results

This is in accordance 14.0.7, on a MacBook (Intel chip) running Ventura

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 11.38.46 AM.png

Mine is doing this as well. I'll get this reported.

• 2 months later...

Still happening in 14.0.8.  I know that .0.8 was primarily about fixing the Sonoma issues, so I'm not disturbed, just trying to be thorough. 

Have you cleared your font cache?

do you mean "clean up installed fonts" in safe mode?  That did not change anything.  If you meant a different process, can you explain, please?

That was it. Thanks for letting me know that didn't work. Our programmers can chime in further.