Error Messages for Easy Install, Content Updates, and App Updates

MacMan

I tried to install a new purchase this morning and update Accordance. (I currently run 14.06.) I received error messages for all attempts, indicating a communication issue. I was able to download my purchase to my mobile devices.

Can anyone help?

Easy Install produces this message: Internet connection timed out - process cancelled. But it does not even really try. And my internet connection is the same one I am using to type this message.

Check for App Update gives me the following: Update Error! An error occurred in retrieving update information. Please try again later.

@MacMandid you read this?

Try downloading 14.0.7 from the website and see if that corrects all your issues. If people keep having issues updating to 14.0.7, we'll look into it again. I thought we fixed it.

• Like 1

Where is that version? On the Download page it installed 14.06. I went ahead and reinstalled. Same problem.

I managed to update to 14.0.7 on Windows 11 a couple of days ago with no problems. Used Check for App Update on Accordance menu.

That is what I am unable to do. I get an error message. And I am on a Mac.

It worked for me when I tried it, but there may be an issue now. Go ahead and send an email to Tech Support so the office will see it first thing in the morning. We'll get you taken care of.

I was in the midst of writing the email when I decided to try it again to see if anything had changed over the weekend. Voila! It was working properly. I am not sure why it was a problem in the first place, but I am thankful they were able to take care of it.

Might have been some server maintenance. Usually websites attempt to do server maintenance at the time when I try to access them. :-)

• 8 months later...

I am having this same trouble now...though nearly a year later from your thread here. I am currently running 12.3.7. Would that make a difference?

egad...and now as I try to install Accordance 13 I get this crash message.

please, help!

Screenshot 2024-04-17 at 8.01.01 AM.png

2 hours ago, pclafferty said:

I am having this same trouble now...though nearly a year later from your thread here. I am currently running 12.3.7. Would that make a difference?

Hi @pclafferty. Unfortunately, Accordance servers will no longer communicate with desktop clients of versions 12 and below; Accordance 13 and 14 are the only supported versions at this time. Please see the following thread for details:

I commented in your other thread. Hope that helps.