Help understanding Accordance's approach to interlinears

Brian Phillips

@ukfraser @Lorinda H. M. Hoover @Tim Planche -- Zero of the features of the NIV G/K text in the link given by ukfraser work for me. From the bold and light highlighting, the info in the Instant details, the search for various KEY details... none of it. Were you all able to replicate these as you watched the video? 

https://www.accordancebible.com/NIV11-GKE/

Brian, Im on the semiskinned version but the light and dark tagging and instant details certainly works for me. (I boot up my macbook pro less than once a week these days and then just to prepare pdfs for my ipad or to import photos!)

Basic search is ok but the enhanced search that was shown isn't though and that has been reported earlier. 

and it doesnt show the cross highlighting in na28, but i think that is also known and waiting to be a future enhancement on a later ios update.

have you checked your module information to make sure its niv with the enhanced tagging and not the original niv with basic gk tagging?

4E0A9F41-0568-484E-887A-79ECDCF50594.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Brian, Im on the semiskinned version but the light and dark tagging and instant details certainly works for me. (I boot up my macbook pro less than once a week these days and then just to prepare pdfs for my ipad or to import photos!)

Basic search is ok but the enhanced search that was shown isn't though and that has been reported earlier. 

and it doesnt show the cross highlighting in na28, but i think that is also known and waiting to be a future enhancement on a later ios update.

have you checked your module information to make sure its niv with the enhanced tagging and not the original niv with basic gk tagging?

Okay, I don't have the enhanced version. Thanks for the tip. I do have Mounce's Enhanced G/K and the light / dark highlights (phrase tagging) work. 

• Like 2

Brian, going back to your original post, did you find rick's blog helpful in giving some of the background to tagging though? I appreciate things have moved forward in the discussion but i found it a useful starting point on accordance's approach to tagging and some info on shortfalls to the various systems.

also, does the feature in the blog help with your search of acts if you use mounce?

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Brian, going back to your original post, did you find rick's blog helpful in giving some of the background to tagging though? I appreciate things have moved forward in the discussion but i found it a useful starting point on accordance's approach to tagging and some info on shortfalls to the various systems.

also, does the feature in the blog help with your search of acts if you use mounce?

Well, I understand that they didn't have the capability to tag properly with the Strong's--he noted they would have had to fill in some tags by duplicating words. But that's what they've done in the NIV G/K as well as the Enhanced G/K (I went ahead and purchased it). Acts 13.2 "Set apart" in the Enhanced G/K also has "aphorizo aphorizo" -- double tagged in the interlinear. So I'm a little confused with that.

I'm holding out hope for the future. I think for now I'll do lexeme searches from the underlying Greek or Hebrew. I think I can get correct counts this way. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Accordance 14.0.7 on Win 11

I have both the NIV and Mounce NT w/ phrase tagging.

I looked at the video and could see how the phrase tagging feature works.

On my system, however, I do not get any of the phrase highlighting in either Mounce or NIV. I do get the info that shows up in the Instant Details.

Is there something needed to have the phrase tagging highlighting show up?

It's working on my machine in Genesis 1 on the NIV with Enhanced Strong's Numbers. Here's what my settings look like.

highlighting.png

• Like 1

Aha! The "Source Highlighting" needs to be checked! Works now.

Thanks, @Nathan Parker!

Anytime!