Corresponding Highlights not working

Brian Phillips

I just purchased the LXX+GNT (Swete LXX + Westcott/Hort NT). 

I noticed that when I open an ESV with Strong's and add the LXX+GNT in parallel, there are no correlating highlights in the LXX+GNT when I mouseover in the ESV. If I add the stand-alone GNT Westcott/Hort, then ESV mouseover highlights will cause corresponding highlights in that edition, which then also cause corresponding highlights in the LXX+GNT. 

Why doesn't the LXX+GNT auto-highlight with the ESV (yet does with the stand-alone Westcott/Hort)?

When I try, I get corresponding highlights when working in the GNT portion of the LXS+GNT, but not not in the LXX portion.  If this is what you are seeing, this is correct/expected, for two reasons, both related to the fact that cross highlighting between original language and modern texts requires/depends on Strongs or G/K numbering:

1)There is no system akin to Strong's Numbering for the LXX (the LXX includes a large number of Greek words that never occur in the GNT)

2)The ESV is based on the Hebrew text of the Old Testament/Hebrew Bible, not on the LXX, therefore it's Strong's numbering is based on the Hebrew text

Hi @Brian Phillips. Since, for the reasons cited here and in other threads, you're not able to do what you want in Accordance, you might be interested in the Apostolic Bible Polyglot, which does tag each word in the LXX+GNT using a custom numbering system developed by the author. There is an existing module request to get this into Accordance:

If that's a module you're interested in seeing in Accordance, you might consider tagging Nathan Parker in that thread to get it on his radar (as the request predates his employment with the company).

• Like 1