What happened to the separator option in the customize toolbar window?

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I was working on customizing my toolbar today, and discovered that while when I am in the edit window I can see the separator icon (a vertical line) in my toolbar at the top of the customize window, I cannot find the separator icon if i cant to add more of them (which I did).  I then discovered that once I had made my changes, the separators that did exist were not visible in my workspace. 

Hi @Lorinda H. M. Hoover,

This is just a thought, but did you look for them on the far right of the toolbar? I have noticed this with adding other things there, that no matter where I put them on the toolbar, they auto snap to the right. I can then move them wherever I had intended them to be.

I am not sure if this is the same issue, but thought it might be worth checking.

Thanks, but it's not the same issue.  The separator icon/button/whatever doesn't show up at all in the "palette" of things to add to the toolbar.  

I forgot to mention that my Mac OS is Ventura.

I can duplicate Lorinda's issue. No separator icon and once you customize the toolbar any separators I had are now not showing. Mac Ventura M1.

Is this a version 14 feature? I don't see a divider icon (vertical line) in 13.3.3 on 12.6.7 or 13.1.5 on 11.7.6. The only similar icons I can see are "space" and "flexible space".

I don't think so...I'm pretty sure I've had dividers on my toolbar for a long time.  

The toolbar changed in several ways in Ventura. I don’t like it either, but it seems Apple changed some things and Accordance can’t replicate the old toolbar without doing something custom. 

I think this is a Ventura issue. @Lorinda H. M. Hoover, try it in the 14.0.7 beta. If you're still having the issue there, let me know.

I am in the beta and it does not have separator icons on my Mac running ventura.

13 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

I think this is a Ventura issue.

This can't be isolated to Ventura because:

3 hours ago, darrylmy said:

I don't see a divider icon (vertical line) in 13.3.3 on 12.6.7 or 13.1.5 on 11.7.6.

7 hours ago, John Fidel said:

I am in the beta and it does not have separator icons on my Mac running ventura.

Same here. Since it appeared in the release version as well, I reported it here. 

Thanks! I'm not seeing it on mine either, so I'll get this reported.

Question. Has anyone ever seen separators on macOS? I thought this was Windows-only. On macOS, I thought it used "space" and "flexible space" instead.

There were separators on my toolbar on my Mac.  When I first opened the toolbar customization window, I could see them on my toolbar. I only had two and I wanted to add more, which is when I discovered that there wasn't a separator on the palette.  My memory is that once I closed the customization window, the separators disappeared, but came back when I reopened it.  That said, they are not there now.  I'm not sure if that is because they disappeared completely on their own at some point or if I removed them because I decided to use flexible spaces to create the new separations I wanted and decided to replace the separator lines with the spaces.  I would prefer the separator lines.

Mine disappeared when I opened customize toolbar and closed it. 

Were you using workspaces brought over from Windows, or were these created on a Mac from the start?

37 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Were you using workspaces brought over from Windows, or were these created on a Mac from the start?

Created on a Mac from the start. 

Good to know. Thanks!