Import Book?

Tim TenClay

Sorry for what must seem an ignorant question, but is there a way to import documents and books so that they're part of my regular library?

Thanks.

Grace and peace,

Tim

You'll use "User Tools" for this. Here are a couple of webinars on the subject:

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/2b99bda9c3ed4b7382a55737a7d54b46/recording/0f60edab7d864de08ce23c342e8f94c6/watch?source=CHANNEL

https://www.gotostage.com/channel/2b99bda9c3ed4b7382a55737a7d54b46/recording/7853d810c7cb446a8e88314ef6bd4189/watch?source=CHANNEL

Other Accordance users can chime in with strategies on how they've imported various files as User Tools.

1 hour ago, Tim TenClay said:

Sorry for what must seem an ignorant question, but is there a way to import documents and books so that they're part of my regular library?

Thanks.

Grace and peace,

Tim

A simple import is relatively easy if you read the instructions (or, I assume, watch the webinar). Be aware that the system could use some improvements, though.

You will lose all footnote links unless you specifically code them in html beforehand. Your search results afterwards will likely be hit and miss as far as direct highlights. A nearby word may be highlighted instead of your search term, but your search term is likely close by if you look for it. Some files, searching works okay for me, others not so much. I think the bigger the file the more cranky the search results.

After importing, you can edit the file (CTRL+U in Windows is the shortcut), but once you are finished with all edits you want, you can make it a permanent module that cannot be edited, if you so desire. This will move the module up from "My Stuff" to "Tools" in the Library, where you can place it in whatever category you so desire.