Strange behaviour in Accordance with Apple M1

pbp

I do not know how if it s bug or not, and if it is related to the different devices, or the problem is only mine.

I have accordance on two mac. One is desktop, with an old processor, and one is MacBook Air with processor M1.

Anyway, since some time I notice a different behavior in the two devices. On my old Desktop, accordance work normally, while on the Macbook Air I notice two bothering issues:

1. If, for instance, I type Psalm in any Module, I need to return twice to get the Psalms on my screen, and when I scroll down, accordance jumps immediately to one book to another of all the bible, without any order. No way to follow the book I want to see. The same thing happens in all the modules.

2. Since Accordance 14.0.6 my notes are not more usable. 

This happens only on my MacBook Air. Nothing similar on the desktop.

Any idea?

Thanks

pbp

As you type Psalm into the search area, watch the "suggested completions" list. I had the same experience on my M1 MacBook. Just type Psa and the completion will be at verses option and a return will take you to Psalm 1.

By completing the word, the search type had switched to words for the search. 

—Joseph

@Solly answered your first question well. 

On your notes, can you elaborate on that?

I was not very clear, I am sorry.

"Psalm" was just an example. I can type any book of the bible, and when finally I have the book in front of me and I start scrolling, the text is not scrolling, but jumping from book to book freely, without any order. It could start with Psalms and then jump to Ruth, or Matthew, etc. It happens with the original languages modules and some of the modern languages.

For the notes. At the opening of the app, it says that accordance cannot use it (see the attach). But the file is there, and in the desktop works very well.

pbp

image.png.debf6968202d6506ff7c06c4a83f38d1.png

I wonder if your note file needs to be re-linked to your machine. I can look up how to do this for you and see if that fixes it.