Dark mode overrides costume text display in Accordance 14

Teddy24

When you use dark mode and have costume display settings for a module, the dark mode overrides it. The first picture is Accordance 14 while the second one is Accordance 13Screenshot2023-07-18at4_27_51PM.thumb.png.18ae3971c42a13390272a60d6469c605.pngScreenshot2023-07-18at4_26_26PM.thumb.png.3d1094add36888d16966c677645086b2.png

• Like 1

This should be fixed in the next update, I do believe.

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

This should be fixed in the next update, I do believe.

Isn't what is being described a feature rather than a bug? In 13 dark mode would not override your custom settings which meant that if you didn't use one of the built it text/tool settings, dark mode wouldn't be dark mode. Personally, I think overriding the color settings for dark mode seems to be preferable.

I thought we did an option where you could have either. We are making some changes in 14.0.7, so I'd recommend re-testing then.

• 1 month later...

This am I noticed that the stacks feature is also grayed out in dark mode as well as the info pane. It is impossible to seethe stacks documents you have been working on in dark mode. Mr Parker we discussed the information pane . This was just discovered this am. Have a great day!

Thanks! Is this still occurring for you in 14.0.7?

Yes it is still happening. I am looking for a call from Billy today and some possible help with it. Info pane was doing it and we discussed future upgrades fixing it. This deal with the stacks just started to the best of my knowledge.

Sounds good. Keep us posted how it goes.

@Nathan Parker I have put in another email this morning requesting help with this issue this am. I was promised last week that I would get a call. no call. I have been after this for over a week. I continually get they are swamped. I am patient however communication is key in any relationship. I am not getting any.

Edited by Tom Caton Sr.

@Nathan Parker I believe after reading numerous older post on stacks I found my answer. It seems that you have to either go to the library to select a stack or have a selection in text highlighted  then the older and new stack all will be visible . I can live with this for now much easier to see. Now if I can figure out the info pane issue being greyed out.

They are pretty swamped on returning calls at the moment. If it's something they can assist over email, that would be the quickest method. If you need a phone call though, let me know.

No Mr Parker I got it squared away until they get caught up. I gets what is frustrating for me is I asked that they call me back and was promised they would. Yet so far I have had nothing but we are swamped. This is has been ongoing for over a week. They did reach out initially in a email and call. However. I am unable to set by the phone. I asked this am in a email for a call first thing this am and no luck. So I went back to fourum  and found some topics that will make it easier for me to use it.until I can get answers to my questions.

Thanks! Let us know if you need anything else!