moving a parallel text under the first text

Kristin

I opened the Hebrew in parallel, and there obviously wasn't room, but instead of moving UNDER the first text it moved next to it. I know there is a way to move the text to be under it, but I can't figure it out. Dragging doesn't work, control, option, command, nothing moves the text.

Thank you for any clarity anyone is able to provide.

Bildschirmfoto2023-07-17um17_55_41.thumb.png.6eb2ad88aae3b0fbbea895abfc73d0a7.png

Make sure under your Preferences/Setting>General that "Open parallel tools and notes in a vertical orientation" is unchecked. Then it may open it under it this time, or that should at least free it up where you can drag/drop it under it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kristin said:

I opened the Hebrew in parallel, and there obviously wasn't room, but instead of moving UNDER the first text it moved next to it. I know there is a way to move the text to be under it, but I can't figure it out. Dragging doesn't work, control, option, command, nothing moves the text.

Thank you for any clarity anyone is able to provide.

Bildschirmfoto2023-07-17um17_55_41.thumb.png.6eb2ad88aae3b0fbbea895abfc73d0a7.png

@Kristin

I believe you are wanting to use the gear icon (top right resource panel) to accomplish what you want:

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 8.20.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 8.20.33 PM.png

Edited by accord
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much, @accord, that fixed the problem. :)

Thank you also for letting me know about that setting, @Nathan Parker. I wouldn't want to do that since I normally need texts in vertical, it is only if I have too many. That is good to know that setting is there though.

• Like 1

I usually keep mine on as well, but now that I'm breaking in my 13" MacBook Air, I have a feeling I'll need to shift some stuff down as well. :-)