New volumes in the jps bible commentary series

ukfraser

Can accordance add these volumes as they are made available (or do you need a request per volume?)

from another post there is the fifth of the five volumes on psalms to be published covering psalms 120 to 150 

https://jps.org/books/jps-bible-commentary-psalms-120-150/

the first volume on psalms looks like it is also on the way to being published. 

but from this page there are a number of additional volumes being planned so i thought i would put a link so you can see what is planned.

5 volumes on the Psalms
Lamentations

Joshua

l & ll Samuel

there is also a link to a sample page to the psalms 

https://jps.org/support/dedicate-a-book/

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

We'll look. Thanks! I love the JPS stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

BTW the new JPS commentary on Psalms 120 to 150 (Adele Berlin) is the first paper book to feature an edition of MAM (Miqra according to the Masorah). I prepared the Hebrew text for it. Theoretically I think the release date is Aug 1 (Tuesday) but my recent "pre-order" was treated as a normal order, in that it was fulfilled immediately, and I already have mine!

• Like 4

Thanks for the heads up... just need to wait for accordance to add it to the store. Looking forward to getting it. (I am trying to resist buying dead tree versions if there is a chance we will get it in accordance.)

3 hours ago, Benjamin Denckla said:

BTW the new JPS commentary on Psalms 120 to 150 (Adele Berlin) is the first paper book to feature an edition of MAM (Miqra according to the Masorah). I prepared the Hebrew text for it. 

Will that eventually be for all of the planned five volumes?

thanks

Edited by ukfraser

2 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Will that eventually be for all of the planned five volumes?

I don't know whether JPS plans to use MAM for all of the planned five volumes of the Psalms commentary. I can say that I think the process of using MAM went well, and I think they are pleased with the result.

• Like 2

On 7/17/2023 at 7:56 PM, Nathan Parker said:

I love the JPS stuff.

And dont forget that a lot of the jps authors are also involved with the Jewish Annotated Apocrypha! Hint hint

😉

• Like 1