Marcus Jastrow, A Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature

Benjamin Noonan

• Title: A Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature
  • Authors: Marcus Jastrow
  • Publisher: Luzac (1903, since then it has been reprinted by various publishers e.g. Hendrickson, although I think it is not currently in print)
  • Retail Price: N/A
  • ISBN Number: N/A
  • Brief statement why it is requested: Despite its age, this is the standard lexicon for rabbinic Hebrew and Aramaic. Accordance already offers various rabbinic resources, and this would be an ideal resource to supplement these already-existing resources, particularly if Accordance will be investing more in such resources as the forums indicate. Because it was published a while ago there are, to my knowledge, no copyright restrictions. The text is readily available online and could easily be developed into a resource for Accordance. Logos already has it available and has had it available for some time; there's no reason why Accordance shouldn't also.
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Benjamin Noonan said:

• Title: A Dictionary of the Targumim, the Talmud Babli and Yerushalmi, and the Midrashic Literature
  • Authors: Marcus Jastrow
  • Publisher: Luzac (1903, since then it has been reprinted by various publishers e.g. Hendrickson, although I think it is not currently in print)
  • Retail Price: N/A
  • ISBN Number: N/A
  • Brief statement why it is requested: Despite its age, this is the standard lexicon for rabbinic Hebrew and Aramaic. Accordance already offers various rabbinic resources, and this would be an ideal resource to supplement these already-existing resources, particularly if Accordance will be investing more in such resources as the forums indicate. Because it was published a while ago there are, to my knowledge, no copyright restrictions. The text is readily available online and could easily be developed into a resource for Accordance. Logos already has it available and has had it available for some time; there's no reason why Accordance shouldn't also.

+1

Jastrow is one we've been looking into. No ETA yet though.

• Like 1