Christo H.J. van der Merwe et al., A Biblical Hebrew Reference Grammar (2nd ed.)

Benjamin Noonan

This resource has been mentioned before in the forums, but it's been a while, so I mention it again here in hopes that some traction is made:

• Title: A Biblical Hebrew Reference Grammar (2nd ed. published in 2017)
  • Authors: Christo H.J. van der Merwe, Jacobus A. Naudé, and Jan H. Kroeze
  • Publisher: Bloomsbury T&T Clark
  • Retail Price: $49.95
  • ISBN Number: 9780567663337
  • Brief statement why it is requested: This is a standard reference grammar used in many institutions (colleges, seminaries, etc.) for the study of second-year Biblical Hebrew and upward. It's one of the easiest to use and is also one of the most linguistically informed ones. Logos has this edition available; it would be great if Accordance would offer it too. There's a good amount of user interest in it, so it seems worthwhile for Accordance to develop it. My institution would certainly have its second-year Hebrew students purchase it.

• Like 1

This one is on my list, and I've updated the number of users interested. :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Nathan, I contacted the authors about this request personally because I know them. They're both interested in having this resource available in Accordance and willing to talk to their editor at T&T Clark to start moving the process forward. So, it all sounds promising.

Right now the authors are in contact with Ryan Mudge. Hopefully this works out!

Historically, this publisher has worked exclusively with Logos which is why Accordance has never developed this grammar.