New Ipad

Rick55

Hey how are you?
I recently bought an Ipad off amazon and was somewhat surprised to see how different the accordance app is compared to the software.

I started to look into this and I see that Logos has a much more intricate mobile app than accordance. 

I am not suggesting that I like the features better in Logos app nor have a desire to have accordance copy as such,

but I am wondering if the accordance team has considered updating the mobile app to have the bells and whistles that the software has

For example, when you amplify a word from your text there are no "hits" and (of course) no way to scroll though the hit's quickly.

In the Accordance Bible Software ; including the reference with the amplification would be nice to have on the ipad and not just the computer.

Should we see these features added soon? :)

Thanks and God bless you , in Jesus name.

Adding more features to Mobile (especially the iPad app) is going to be a major focus of ours moving forward. We've expanded our programming team to specifically research ways we can add more desktop-class features to Mobile in a more timely manner.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Adding more features to Mobile (especially the iPad app) is going to be a major focus of ours moving forward. We've expanded our programming team to specifically research ways we can add more desktop-class features to Mobile in a more timely manner.

that would be so very welcome @Nathan Parker

2 hours ago, Rick55 said:

For example, when you amplify a word from your text there are no "hits" and (of course) no way to scroll though the hit's quickly.

Hi

while you are waiting, there is a clunky work around.

set your amplify to something like mounce for greek and hebrew key numbers. 
then when you highlight a word you can see the number of hits and then in mounce click on your translation and see all the verses. 

18C49BF6-C63E-4CF3-80AE-05F9AA2A0CD1.jpeg

357176AB-2241-4D2A-A520-5B04A0A4A160.png

C6715B31-7AF6-451B-8386-6B8854373F37.png

• Like 3

While the semi skinned version is no where near the full fat version, it is still streets ahead of my original zondervan bible software i bought for windows back in the 90s and is so much quicker than using dead tree versions and a lot of the other bible software for the ipad which i have purchased over the years. 

yes like others i want more, but i am also still extremely grateful that the library i have built up over the years is available to me wherever i am on phone or ipad and for the features i do have. 

and yes,

i long for tabs so i can have multiple resources open and switch to them easily rather than having to go back and forth to them via the library,

and having something like research so i can see which of my resources have useful contents

and having detailed analytics...

But being able to lounge in my stressless with a cafetière at my side rather than go to my desk and boot up my mbp is worth a bit of finger rsi!!!

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ukfraser said:

But being able to lounge in my stressless with a cafetière at my side rather than go to my desk and boot up my mbp is worth a bit of finger rsi!!!

I need to get a Stressless next time I need to test a major update to our iPad app. :-) 

On 7/10/2023 at 5:10 PM, ukfraser said:

Hi

while you are waiting, there is a clunky work around.

set your amplify to something like mounce for greek and hebrew key numbers. 
then when you highlight a word you can see the number of hits and then in mounce click on your translation and see all the verses. 

18C49BF6-C63E-4CF3-80AE-05F9AA2A0CD1.jpeg

357176AB-2241-4D2A-A520-5B04A0A4A160.png

C6715B31-7AF6-451B-8386-6B8854373F37.png

Thanks again Fraser

It was not that clunky. And as you stated with how advance the app already is, it's more than satisfying.

Edited by Rick55
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rick55 said:

It was not that clunky.

I tend to use different lexicons as my default (nidntte and nidotte) so have to switch in the two mounce ones when i need to do these sort of searches. 

but at least i can and there are so many workarounds. 

;o)