re-naming unsaved workspaces

Kristin

I am always working on multiple things at once, and because of the size of my monitor I often need to minimize windows. I understand if I "save" the workspace it will show a name, but I really don't want to safe workspaces which are intended to be temporary.

With this as a prefaces, sometimes when I need to refer back to another window, the minimized workspaces just say "Workspace x" which provides no clarification at all.

I just hovered over one and it said "Workspace 11" then I hovered over the next and it said "Workspace 15." No clue of the content or even which language it is.

It seems like there might be a way since I can re-name tabs without an issue, so I should be able to just re-name the windows, but I don't think there is anything to do about this unless I save the workspace and then delete the saved workspace every 10 minutes, but I just wanted to check.

Thanks,
Kristin

Bildschirmfoto2023-07-07um10_00_13.png.d8757cf9263b1c12b1e6b83ff0edd943.png

I ran into the same issue in my studies, what I now do as part of my workflow is to immediately re-name a workspace even if I don't save it (I even set a keyboard shortcut since I do this so often). You can find it here: Window > Set Workspace Name…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thank you so much, @darrylmy! I had just kept right clicking (just like you rename a tab), but following the path you mentioned worked! That is really helpful! :)