jayseanspach

I want to build vocabulary sets for individual books of the NT with the following criteria:

(1) only words that occur in the NT 1-49x

(2) one set of words per chapter of the book

(3) each subsequent set contains only new words that haven't already been listed in the previous set(s). 

For instance, if I search NA28 Greek NT "[RANGE Jn 1] [COUNT 1-49]," the word count analysis gives list 65 different words in John 1 that occur 1-49x in the GNT. That's my first set. Now the question is, What do I put in the search bar to create my second set, which should list only words occurring in John 2 that occur 1-49x in the GNT and do not occur in John 1. Set 3 would list only words in John 3 that occur 1-49x in the GNT and do not occur in John 1-2. And so on.

Anyone know how to do this?

HI @jayseanspach, I did something similar by culling the definitions from Trenchard after hearing about this method from MNTG. Here is how I accomplished this for Philippians:

Tab 1, Name: "0-29": [COUNT 1-29]

Tab 2, Name: "1": [HITS 0-29] <AND> [RANGE Phil 1.1-2.30]

Tab 3, Name: "2": *@ [HITS 0-29]@- [HITS 1] <AND> [RANGE phil 3.1-11]

That would translate for your example to:

Tab 1, Name: "0-49": [COUNT 1-49]

Tab 2, Name: "1": [HITS 0-49] <AND> [RANGE John 1]

Tab 3, Name: "2": *@ [HITS 0-49]@- [HITS 1] <AND> [RANGE John 2]

Tab 1 gives you all the words occurring between 1-49 times.

Tab 2 displays the hits from tab 1 within John 1 (if that's your starting point).

Tab 3 gives you all the words occurring between 1-49 times which do not occur in John 1 but occur in John 2.

Just increment tabs 2 and 3 up to move to the next chapters (i.e., Tab 1: [RANGE John 1-2] and Tab 2: [RANGE John 3]).

Hope that helps!

Darrylmy, you're an Accordance Ninja. Thank you!

• Like 1