July 2023 Newsletter

Tim Hall

So, I happily opened my Accordance July 2023 email Newsletter. I enjoyed the content as it walked me through how to cite references in Accordance (I love the many options in 14). And then I get to my favorite part a free gift to me. Clicked the link excitedly and then the website that came up listed a price that was not free. I figure something went awry and thought you should know.

Blessings!!

• Like 1

I was going to report the same thing.  This is at least the 4th time there has been an issue with the link to the fee item, the issue usually being that it isn’t listed as free initially. This time it’s a bit more complex, as it appears the English Perseus has only ever been part or a larger bundle. Clearly there is a recurring issue with communication or the like between the newsletter creators/deciders of freebies and those tasked with updating entries in the store. Accordance staff, please sort this out. It isn’t a good look for this to happen more months than not. 

• Like 1

Newsletter says it is Greek & English bundle, but comes up $99 when you click. I already entered a ticket in support chat before I saw this thread.

It should be fixed now.

• Like 2

Are you sure you dont already have it Tim & Lorinda? I got it back in july 2021! 

;o) 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Are you sure you dont already have it Tim & Lorinda? I got it back in july 2021! 

;o) 

I can appreciate anything free, especially these days, but I focus on the bible & related resources, so it is nothing I would use.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

I can appreciate anything free, especially these days, but I focus on the bible & related resources, so it is nothing I would use.

If you study Greek these can be very useful to see how words are used in context.

4 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Are you sure the entire newsletter isn't from 2021? It was all about how to use citations in version 13, lol. 

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Are you sure the entire newsletter isn't from 2021? It was all about how to use citations in version 13, lol. 

July, 2022 to be exact. I wrote that. Those are my words and screenshots. And even the same freebie. I'm surprised it wasn't updated to the new citation formats in v. 14, though.

image.thumb.png.698aa8787fd8026a1bc9ea48e4e65033.png

image.thumb.png.01a373cd13385ffb07ee22c90fcc217e.png

Edited by R. Mansfield
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

I can appreciate anything free, especially these days,

There have been one or two freebies i have passed on as i could never see myself using them. But generally i dont know what is around the corner so even if i dont have an immediate use for something, i will quite often 'get' it so its registered in my account, but i tend not to download things i wont use, even in the collections, so they are there in easy install but not taking up valuable disc space. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

July, 2022 to be exact.

Definitely added the freebie to my account in 2021. 

B0CB4599-33BA-43E2-BFE3-521256C50CC0.jpeg

9 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

July, 2022 to be exact. I wrote that. Those are my words and screenshots. And even the same freebie. I'm surprised it wasn't updated to the new citation formats in v. 14, though.

image.thumb.png.01a373cd13385ffb07ee22c90fcc217e.png

Wow. That's not a good look. You'd think someone could at least have updated it.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, ukfraser said:

Definitely added the freebie to my account in 2021. 

B0CB4599-33BA-43E2-BFE3-521256C50CC0.jpeg

The July, 2021 newsletter freebie was Ruth by John Butler. If you got the Perseus bundle for free that same month, it may have been as part of a weekly sale giveaway.

Edited by R. Mansfield
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, R. Mansfield said:

The July, 2021 newsletter freebie was Ruth by John Butler. If you got the Perseus bundle for free that same month, it may have been as part of a weekly sale giveaway.

Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio?

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mark Allison said:

Wow. That's not a good look. You'd think someone could at least have updated it.

There was a mixup with the newsletter this month. The draft version of the automation (which is copied as a placeholder from the previous year) went out. This wasn't intended, but we will still be honoring the discount on the free item since it was advertised.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Sean Nelson said:

There was a mixup with the newsletter this month. The draft version of the automation (which is copied as a placeholder from the previous year) went out. This wasn't intended, but we will still be honoring the discount on the free item since it was advertised.

I am not sure if Trump or Biden is at fault, but am blaming one of them!🤣

• Haha 2

I was thinking the same thing about the 14 screenshots.

55 minutes ago, ReformedDoc said:

I am not sure if Trump or Biden is at fault, but am blaming one of them!🤣

Don't worry. When I'm President, I'll introduce "Accordance for All" as a pillar of my campaign platform. :-)

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I was thinking the same thing about the 14 screenshots.

Don't worry. When I'm President, I'll introduce "Accordance for All" as a pillar of my campaign platform. 🙂

You are in; if they can get Biden in, I am sure we can do the same for you. Do you know Popcorn, he's a bad dude.

Edited by ReformedDoc
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

or could have used Copy As Citation....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ReformedDoc said:

Do you know Popcorn, he's a bad dude.

I eat popcorn for a snack. :-)

I'm still waiting for this guy to win (in the meantime, it makes a great video to share with your children over July 4th weekend):

• Haha 1

Thanks for the freebie! It looks like you forgot to add the Perseus icon to the main modules.

image.jpeg.67bfa49733e2af0181eba07fcbd79ae2.jpeg

• Like 1

Daniel, try opening them and then quitting Accordance and restarting. That often makes missing icons appear. Don't know why.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 1

That worked! Thanks, Mark.

• Like 1