New User Tool formats do not retain color of text when copying/pasting in edit window

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I noticed today that cutting or copying text in the User Tool edit window and then pasting does not retain the color of the text, if the text is not black. (I am working in light mode).  Underlining and italics are retained.  This does not happen in older style User Tools, but I can reproduce it in several version 14 UT types, including Commentary, Hebrew Lexicon, Dictionary, and General.  I do not appear to currently have a Greek Lexicon User Tool to test

to reproduce: open a User tool that is in one of the new Accordance 14 UT formats.

Click somewhere in the User Tool, and then hit command-U

Select a section of text and change the color to something other than black.

Ideally, add underlining and italics 

copy this section of text, move elsehwere in the user Tool edit window, and paste

Note that the color is not retained, but underlining and italicizing is.

14.06, Macbook running Ventura (13.4)

Thanks! I'll file this bug report.

By the way, if you can update this thread with your User Tool file and a document you're copying/pasting from, that'll be a huge help.

I am not copying and pasting from a separate document:  I am copying and pasting (or cutting and pasting) all from within the the User Tool Edit window.

I have attached the User Tool I first experienced this in, but as I noted in my first posts, the behavior is consistent across all the new 14-style User Tools I have.  It does not happen in "old style" User Tools.

Nehemiah Commentary.acc7

Thanks for the clarification and file!

• 2 months later...

This is still happening, and it also affects text in bold.  Only in the new style User Tools, not is User Tools created before 14.  

Thanks! Not sure about 14.0.8 yet, but once that enters beta, feel free to test there and see what happens.