Not All Library Modules Showing Up in Easy Install

Richard Conaway

I have modules installed on my desktop version that are not in the Android library. Neither do they show up in Easy Install.

Do you have a list of some of the modules? It's likely the Android app doesn't support them yet. The Android app is in need of a good update.

The one I was after was HMT-W4. However, it ended up that BHT-T was there and works fine. I did not go through and analyze all of them. It's good to know the reason behind it.

A few modules don't work on iOS or Android yet. Some work on iOS now, but not Android yet. Hopefully we'll get closer to getting increased module support on Mobile (and especially Android).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'll reply on here as my question is closely related. I am looking for MT-ETCBC-A with Apparatus on Android. I seem to recall trying the android app a few years ago and giving up on it since BHS wasn't supported and that is my main use case. I have tried again and see that BHQ and HALOT is supported which is great, but I still need BHS for those areas BHQ doesn't support yet. Am I just missing something or is there an ETA on support?

I don't have the Android app, so I can't test it. You can see if someone else can chime in about this and see if it's working for them. If not, I'd recommend emailing support on this one.

My guess is that the change in the Hebrew Text modules to support letter search in Accordance 13.2 made the newer releases of the modules incompatible with Android like happened with iOS. On iOS, we eventually got an update to deal with this, but it’s been a long time since there Android app was updated. If there really is actual coding happening for it, this would be a good place to start.

The other factor may be the elimination of support for versions older than Accordance 13. This might have included the removal from the server of older (pre-13.2) versions of the Hebrew Text modules, which are what the Android app would need.

If I pick up an Android device, I'll try to test this sometime. In the meantime, if anyone else has a way to test this, that would be great.

I'll hold off picking up an Android device until closer to the time we update the app, but I may give it a whirl on Bluestacks.