Quick-Click Verse Picker Very Buggy

Richard Conaway

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Version 14. 

The Quick-Click Verse Picker is extremely buggy. sometimes it works, mostly not. For instance, right now it is stuck on Luke 17:12. In some cases it does not go to another verse. In others it goes to a completely different verse like Is. 7:7=Jer. 41:1. It worked on Ruth 4 2:2. Dan. 6:7=Amos 6:9.

It's a bit out of whack!

12 minutes ago, Richard Conaway said:

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Version 14. 

The Quick-Click Verse Picker is extremely buggy. sometimes it works, mostly not. For instance, right now it is stuck on Luke 17:12. In some cases it does not go to another verse. In others it goes to a completely different verse like Is. 7:7=Jer. 41:1. It worked on Ruth 4 2:2. Dan. 6:7=Amos 6:9.

It's a bit out of whack!

Strange. I haven't noticed that at all—with the exception of, I believe, a few places in Charlesworth's Pseudopigrapha. I've been using 14 since it came out with no problems in that regard. Going through the verse picker to Isa 7:7 takes me to that verse. Could it be the Windows version? That's something someone else will have to weigh in on.

28 minutes ago, Richard Conaway said:

A couple questions to clarify for our developers:

When the Quick-Click picker gets stuck on a verse, is it after you've run a search? I've noticed that if I navigate to a particular passage from the search bar, I will have to clear that search before the quick-click picker will navigate away.

When you are getting completely different verses than you selected, which text (Bible version, etc) are you in?

• Like 1

OK. I cleared the search and restarted the program. It seems to be working now. I'll report back if the issue continues otherwise.

Thank you.

Keep us posted. With the exception of my mouse sticking during yesterday's demo, I haven't had any issues with it.

On 6/22/2023 at 8:00 AM, Sean Nelson said:

A couple questions to clarify for our developers:

When the Quick-Click picker gets stuck on a verse, is it after you've run a search? I've noticed that if I navigate to a particular passage from the search bar, I will have to clear that search before the quick-click picker will navigate away.

When you are getting completely different verses than you selected, which text (Bible version, etc) are you in?

Having to clear the search is what is expected by design i.e. you cannot select verses that do not appear in the search results. 

• Like 2

It seems as though I am unable to clear the search. I delete the search term but the problem is still there. It has been in the ESV w/Strong's and the KJV w/Strong's. 

Post a screenshot of the entire Accordance window.

24 minutes ago, Richard Conaway said:

It seems as though I am unable to clear the search. I delete the search term but the problem is still there. It has been in the ESV w/Strong's and the KJV w/Strong's. 

I have found that you actually have to hit enter (or search) after clearing the box i.e. the new search for everything does not take place just by clearing the box, you have to execute it. 

• Like 1

I did what miketisdel suggested and hit Enter after clearing the search box. That seems to work.

• Like 1