Understanding the Bible by David Sorenson

arcanemuse

This is available in Bible Analyzer and Sword Searcher.  I don't think licensing will be an issue.  The cost on those two platforms is 99 dollars. Please, please, please get this and format it for Accordance.  I think it will sell very well.  It is an excellent commentary.  Not only do I have it in Bible Analyzer but I also bought the print edition for 300 since it was soooo good.  🙂  As far as I know Bro Sorenson is still alive and kicking so you should be able to pretty easily get permission from the author himself on this one. He lives somewhere up in MI I believe.

• Like 1

Understanding the Bible is unique in that it is:
Dispensational in theology
Pre-Trib Rapture
Pre-millennial
King James/traditional-text based
Baptism by immersion
Six-day literal creation
Literal in hermeneutics

This is the stuff I grew up with 🙂

• Like 1

Mark, you hit the nail on the head.  For all those reasons, I trust and turn to this resource on a regular basis.  I didn't grow up in the church.  My family had no religious affiliation when I was growing up.  Church came later in my life.  But all those things you listed make me feel at home.  🙂

• Like 1

I'll add this to my list tonight. I use this daily in an electronic format (and I plan to buy the print version later this year). I'd be knee-deep in using this in Accordance.

Is there anything from "Way of Life" you're interested in seeing in Accordance? I have the email to the guy who runs that organization as well. :-)

The Way of Life encyclopedia I think it is called.  I've been in email contact with Bro Sorenson attempting to get pdf files of the commentary.  If I get my sweaty little palms on those, I bet I can create a pretty serviceable user tool commentary.  I mentioned to him that he should get hold of Accordance to see about getting official modules made.  He replied that he wasn't familiar with Accordance so I gave him the website url.  Maybe he will go there.  I got the idea of going with pdf files as they seem to import nicely into Accordance user tools.  The Bible Analyzer module I  have ends up with all sorts of html code in the text when I try to liberate its contents.

I know the author of the Way of Life Encyclopedia. I've emailed him to see if he'd be interested in bringing it into Accordance. If he does, I'll put him in touch with the team.

• 1 month later...

Greetings,

This would be wonderful to see in Accordance along with the Way of Life literature. 

Both of these ministers have their content available for DOWNLOAD on their websites. 

Bro David Sorenson via Northstar Ministries 

Bro Cloud @ Way Of Life 

For Understanding The Bible Commentary, I split it up into 6 section via PDFviewer on macintosh, (Pentateuch, OT Hist , Poetry, Maj. & Min.  Prophets, NT Hist, and Epistles (Rom - Rev)). I then Imported each section into Accordance via User Tool Import. The entire commentary is to large a file for User Tool Import hence me breaking it up into distinct sections.

I then put them all into a workspace and have access to it when needed. 

I did the same thing for Way Of Life including the encyclopedia which was able to import without breaking it up via PDFviewer for macintosh. And any other resource that I use that is not available via Accordance.com for that matter. 

Hope this helps! God bless you, in Jesus name.

Edited by Rick55

Good info! Thanks for sharing! I do have Way of Life's Fundamental Baptist Library. Using Nota Bene to search it at the moment, looking at DevonThink. Would love to see more of that content in Accordance.

• Like 1