Accordance 14.06 not putting Tools in correct or ANY category with Easy Install

RPat

I installed Accordance 14.06 and put the Accordance files on an external SSD drive, because I ASSUMED that meant all Accordance files, modules, etc. would go there.  However, everything else is in ~user/Library/Application Support/Accordance.

The initial modules I loaded when installing 14.06 (NAS Greek & Hebrew) are in the right categories.

When I user Easy Install and download modules, they are not put into ANY category.  Text seem to be going into Texts, however, other tools are not being categorized  Please see the attached image.

ScreenShot2023-06-20at6_33_21PM.thumb.png.e09d6446e54a0d0d4be2bdcfa3c10023.png

Thank you.

Rich

Edited by RPat

• RPat changed the title to Accordance 14.06 not putting Tools in correct or ANY category with Easy Install

That issue seems to have been around for a while. I am not sure if it has ever been reported as a bug though.

I have reported the bug on Windows, but not Mac. I'll update the bug report for Mac as well.

@RPat

I noticed this in 14.0.5, though the cause might have been an import/install while using an earlier version.

Sean Nelson provided a solution: preferences -> appearance -> "organize tools by category".

• Like 2

A lot of times I just place mine manually, because i put all exegetical guides in with commentaries. 

@Lawrence - thanks for the suggestion!

If I go to appearance and click the 'Organize Tools by Category' button, that works-- which is a good thing!

However, afterwards, if I add any modules, they remain uncategorized.

So, manually, there is a workaround.

Thanks for all the help!

• Like 1

Organize Tools by Category works, but it will wipe out if you've moved modules from one category to another or used subfolders on module categories.

Right now, I'm moving the modules into categories manually when this happens, and hopefully we'll see a fix shortly.