Which Edition on LASB

Diatheke76

Which edition is the Life Application Study Bible we have in Accordance? I know is not the third edition so I’m curious if it’s the first or second edition.

Thank you!

Hi @Diatheke76. I have both the Accordance module, as well as the Kindle version of the second edition. After looking at both, my guess is the Accordance module is the first edition. For your consideration, here is a portion of the copyright notice from the Accordance module (version 2.2):

Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. All rights reserved.

Life Application Study Bible copyright © 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. All rights reserved.

Notes and Bible Helps copyright © 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2004 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. New Testament Notes and Bible Helps copyright © 1986 owned by assignment by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Harmony of the Gospels copyright © 1986 by James C. Galvin. Maps in text copyright © 1986, 1988 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

And here's the same portion of the copyright notice from the Kindle version of the LASB, second edition:

Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. All rights reserved.

Life Application Study Bible copyright © 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. All rights reserved.

Notes and Bible Helps copyright © 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1993, 1996, 2004 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. New Testament Notes and Bible Helps copyright © 1986 owned by assignment by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Harmony of the Gospels copyright © 1986 by James C. Galvin. Maps in text copyright © 1986, 1988 by Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc.

Since only the NLT copyright is updated, and not the LASB itself, I'd venture to say that the second edition only updated the NLT text and not the study notes. In the LASB, third edition (Kindle version), the Notes and Bible Helps copyright has been updated to 2019, so there's probably actual changes to the study notes in that edition.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, Steven! I plan to get the third edition of the LASB and the Chronological LASB, along with other Study Bibles in Olive Tree that Accordance doesn’t offer.  I’m sure the third edition probably has some extra content that the first edition doesn’t have.  Anyway, thanks again 🙏

• Like 1

If you're interested in additional editions, feel free to file a module request on here.

Thanks, Nathan! I went with Olive Tree for the 3rd edition along with the Chronological LASB! It’s something I need now but if Accordance were to carry them I’d still buy them in a heartbeat 👍 I went with Maxwell Leadership SB English and Spanish too! I can’t believe the tons of Study Bibles Olive Tree sells!

Thanks! Post any of those study Bibles you're interested in on Module Requests, and I'll get them logged.

On 6/19/2023 at 9:23 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! Post any of those study Bibles you're interested in on Module Requests, and I'll get them logged.

I’ll make a list. I think it’s a total of 15 Study Bibles Accordance doesn’t offer.  It’s more but the one I have I wouldn’t mind replicating in a more robust Bible software.

Thanks!

Edited by Diatheke76

Great! Study Bibles would be a great addition.

4 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Great! Study Bibles would be a great addition.

Especially the jewish annotated apocrypha!

• Like 3

:-)