Interlinear Sluggishness

Anthony Estes

I’m not sure if anyone reported this: at first I thought it was because my iPad battery was low.  However, after a full charge, the interlinear function using mt-etcbc and BHS was quite sluggish, even taking a while to activate after I toggled it on. There is lag with ubs and na-28 too, but it wasn’t nearly as bad with the Hebrew texts. 

9 minutes ago, Anthony Estes said:

I’m not sure if anyone reported this: at first I thought it was because my iPad battery was low.  However, after a full charge, the interlinear function using mt-etcbc and BHS was quite sluggish, even taking a while to activate after I toggled it on. There is lag with ubs and na-28 too, but it wasn’t nearly as bad with the Hebrew texts. 

On my windows 11, there it is not instantaneous, but it is not lagging.

Edited by ReformedDoc

Have you tried force quitting the app and relaunching it? Wonder if it's a memory issue.

16 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Have you tried force quitting the app and relaunching it? Wonder if it's a memory issue.

Yes, and that did not resolve the issue. 

I did a quick test, and I'm seeing lag too. On each of my devices, I went to Ps 119:1, set the secondary pane to display HMT-W4, and turned on the interlinear. On my iPad Air (5th generation), the interlinear was set to Key, Lex, and PrtSpeech. After switching on the interlinear, I counted to 8 before it appeared. On my iPhone SE (2nd generation), the interlinear was set to display only Gloss. I counted to 28 before the interlinear appeared. Both are running Accordance 3.4.1 on iOS 16.5.

Thanks! I'll file this as a bug report to investigate.