Toggle On/Off Feature Request

Misulejoha

I would like to request a feature that would allow us to toggle on and off the area of a text or tool modual when setting up multiple zones in our workspace.  It would be something similar to the ribbon on Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/etc where you can expand or collapse the ribbon giving you more real estate to work with.  I've attached a screen shot of my Accordance with a blue box that I'm equating to the ribbon shown on the two attached pictures of my Excel worksheet, which I also highlighted with a blue box. I placed a red circle around the switch that allows you to collapse the ribbon.  If you compare the two picures of excel, you'll definitely notice there is more rows in view once the ribbon is collapsed.

Hopefully this makes sense because I really think it would be a useful feature, especially when working on a smaller screen.

Text Parallel.png

Ribbon1.png

Ribbon2.png

• Like 3

We'll look at it. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Misulejoha said:

I would like to request a feature that would allow us to toggle on and off the area of a text or tool modual when setting up multiple zones in our workspace.  It would be something similar to the ribbon on Microsoft Word/Excel/Access/etc where you can expand or collapse the ribbon giving you more real estate to work with.  I've attached a screen shot of my Accordance with a blue box that I'm equating to the ribbon shown on the two attached pictures of my Excel worksheet, which I also highlighted with a blue box. I placed a red circle around the switch that allows you to collapse the ribbon.  If you compare the two picures of excel, you'll definitely notice there is more rows in view once the ribbon is collapsed.

Hopefully this makes sense because I really think it would be a useful feature, especially when working on a smaller screen.

Text Parallel.png

Ribbon1.png

Ribbon2.png

I agree that, especially the menu of superposed secondary panes take up a lot of real estate on smaller screens. Something like what you suggest would be helpful.

• Like 1

Just wanted to chime in that if implemented this would be considered as just an option. The blue box highlighted in the example carries pertinent information. And I think that the box (the ribbon) in Excel equates more with the Toolbar in Accordance. That is, you have the option to hide the visual elements which are also accessible from the menu (which you can hide in Accordance). As you can see, the context specific information in Excel is still visible even when the ribbon in hidden (see the thinner blue box in the Excel screenshots that the element is there whether the ribbon is hidden or not). Just my two cents.

But in the meantime, one thing that might help reduce some of the space is to select the preferences option to hide the tab area if there is only a single tab. That would take away the tab portions in the first screenshot of the Accordance interface.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, darrylmy said:

But in the meantime, one thing that might help reduce some of the space is to select the preferences option to hide the tab area if there is only a single tab. That would take away the tab portions in the first screenshot of the Accordance interface.

This is already the case. Take a look in the settings for workspaces.