BibleWorks Features

Dr. Nathan Parker

On 6/17/2023 at 9:49 PM, Nathan Parker said:

BibleWorks users who have crossgraded to Accordance: What are some of the main features that you used (or are still using) in BibleWorks that you would like to see in a future version of Accordance?

Something similar to the Bibleworks flashcard tool. It can filter words by both frequency and verse range.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RKG said:

Something similar to the Bibleworks flashcard tool. It can filter words by both frequency and verse range.

Yes, that would be cool. I know Accordance has considered implementing this feature in the past. Of course you'd also need the ability to export them to iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark Allison said:

Yes, that would be cool. I know Accordance has considered implementing this feature in the past. Of course you'd also need the ability to export them to iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. 

In my opinion, Accordance should make it a priority to make it easier to generate search results such as "all the words under 10x in the NT that occur in Matthew 2 but aren't in Matthew 1 and Ephesians and Galatians".  I know how to generate some of these lists in Accordance using searches and do so often, but it would be helpful if Accordance could do this more easily by asking us directly:  "include words found in these verses" but "exclude words in these verses". Those type of dialog boxes could be added to a flashcard tool as well, but more important for me is to make these type of searches less time consuming.

Edited by RKG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, RKG said:

In my opinion, Accordance should make it a priority to make it easier to generate search results such as "all the words under 10x in the NT that occur in Matthew 2 but aren't in Matthew 1 and Ephesians and Galatians". 

Agreed. I worked for Accordance for more than 20 years, and I was still often confused when trying to perform this sort of search. One of the reasons I pushed for things like the Library pane and Word Study was that it made things that Accordance can already do more accessible. Doing the same thing for searches is, imo, the next step to take. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, RKG said:

In my opinion, Accordance should make it a priority to make it easier to generate search results such as "all the words under 10x in the NT that occur in Matthew 2 but aren't in Matthew 1 and Ephesians and Galatians".  I know how to generate some of these lists in Accordance using searches and do so often, but it would be helpful if Accordance could do this more easily by asking us directly:  "include words found in these verses" but "exclude words in these verses". Those type of dialog boxes could be added to a flashcard tool as well, but more important for me is to make these type of searches less time consuming.

This is exactly what the the Word list Manager and the verse list manager did in BibleWorks and it was a feature I used all the time. It's one of the things I really miss and would love to see in Accordance.

• Like 3

Good feedback!