custom text browser/verse look up text set

A. Smith

It would be helpful to our translation team if we could see more bible versions than Paratext has in its library. However, when I use the text browser or verse look up feature (they seem to be the same thing?) to see various translations I can only see ALL of my texts (or all English texts, in this case). But I've got more English translations than I want to display for the team. I really only want to show 3-4 translations (along with the greek text, for my own reference ideally). 

Now, I know I can just open a window and run these in parallel. But it would be super convenient if there were a way to make a custom set of texts to scroll in the text browser. I know it's possible to make custom sets. But I don't see that option in the text browser or verse look up pane. 

16 minutes ago, A. Smith said:

It would be helpful to our translation team if we could see more bible versions than Paratext has in its library. However, when I use the text browser or verse look up feature (they seem to be the same thing?) to see various translations I can only see ALL of my texts (or all English texts, in this case). But I've got more English translations than I want to display for the team. I really only want to show 3-4 translations (along with the greek text, for my own reference ideally). 

Now, I know I can just open a window and run these in parallel. But it would be super convenient if there were a way to make a custom set of texts to scroll in the text browser. I know it's possible to make custom sets. But I don't see that option in the text browser or verse look up pane. 

You can do this. Go into your library and from there click on my stuff, then my groups. If you right-click on that icon, you can create a folder in which you can place only the versions you want. When you open your text browser, you can then choose your new folder. Have fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Donald Cobb said:

You can do this. Go into your library and from there click on my stuff, then my groups. If you right-click on that icon, you can create a folder in which you can place only the versions you want. When you open your text browser, you can then choose your new folder. Have fun!

Perfect. I felt sure I was missing something. Thanks.

• Like 2